18 April 2007

Diet and Exercise Part Deux

First off, let me be completely honest, I am LAZY! I have been since I was young and while I admit it as a truth, it is not something I am particularly proud of. So some people might think that if I wanted to lose weight, I would do the weak man way of having my stomach stapled and fat removed.

But please, if you do not have the willpower to lose the weight in the first place, how are you going to have the willpower to not gain it all back after surgery? I am not looking for a quick fix but actually going for a lifestyle change. I want to lose weight, build muscle and remain that way.

Will I succeed? Will I fail and return to my lazy, gluttonous self? I sure hope not, but a surgery cannot prevent that either. Each day I wake up and feel better about how I feel and look, the way my clothes fit, the increased energy and stamina, and for now, at least, that is a strong motivation, especially knowing I did it myself, and did not lazily pay someone to do it for me.

Learn Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other dialect of Chinese for FREE!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...