18 April 2007

Diet and Exercise Part Deux

First off, let me be completely honest, I am LAZY! I have been since I was young and while I admit it as a truth, it is not something I am particularly proud of. So some people might think that if I wanted to lose weight, I would do the weak man way of having my stomach stapled and fat removed.

But please, if you do not have the willpower to lose the weight in the first place, how are you going to have the willpower to not gain it all back after surgery? I am not looking for a quick fix but actually going for a lifestyle change. I want to lose weight, build muscle and remain that way.

Will I succeed? Will I fail and return to my lazy, gluttonous self? I sure hope not, but a surgery cannot prevent that either. Each day I wake up and feel better about how I feel and look, the way my clothes fit, the increased energy and stamina, and for now, at least, that is a strong motivation, especially knowing I did it myself, and did not lazily pay someone to do it for me.

Learn Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other dialect of Chinese for FREE!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. I've also been trying to lose weight for about 4 1/2 months now (and I'm also lazy!) In the first month and a half I lost about 20 pounds, but since then it's been about the same. Part of the problem is the yucky weather, which I imagine you also have to deal with.

    Another problem is that my back problems have been making it painful to tie my own shoes (at times, not all the time), let alone lift weights. Having diabetes, a history of heart disease in the family, etc. makes it necessary to lose some though.

    Please update your progress, I'll try to cheer you on as much as I can, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the diabetes and back problems. Thankfully my weight-lifting has been strengthening my back. I have been afraid to do anything with it since the car wreck in late 2003.

    I am lucky to have a gym in my apartment complex so I can always work out inside and it is not far away. I think it also is easier when you have someone to go with you and will not quit early. For me that is Anastasia.

    I will update my progress and thanks for cheering me on, I am sure it will help.

    ReplyDelete

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution