29 March 2012

Saint Paul says you should not dare to say that you are assuredly, unconditionally, and eternally saved!

The Epistle of Saint Paul to the Philippians 2:12 says, "Therefore beloved, even as ye always obeyed, not in my presence only, but now much rather in mine absence, be working out your own salvation with fear and trembling;" and in 3:10-14 he also says, "if by any means I might attain to the resurrection of the dead. Not that I already received, or already have been perfected; but I pursue, if I might also apprehend that for which I also was apprehended by the Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forth to those things which are before. I pursue toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."


The First Epistle of Saint Paul to the Corinthians 9:27 says "I fear, lest by any means, after I have preached to others, I myself should become unapproved." and in 10:12 he also says "The one who thinketh he standeth, let him take heed least he should fall."



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution