The Green Bay Packers are, beyond any shadow of a doubt, going to use Perry as an outside linebacker. Because of the average production that came from the ROLB position in 2011, he will have the opportunity to win a starting job in training camp from Day 1.
- 40-yard dash - 4.64 seconds
- Bench Press - 35 reps
- Vertical Jump - 38.5-inch vertical jump
- Broad Jump - 124.0 inches
- 3-cone Drill - 7.25 seconds
Worthy, like 1st round pick Nick Perry, fills an immediate need along the front seven. The Packers have been in serious need of a 3-4 defensive end since Cullen Jenkins left, and they played a rotation of largely average or ineffective players in 2011. Worthy will have the opportunity to step in and compete for a starting spot immediately.
- Size - 6'2", 308 lbs, 33" arms, 9 3/8" hands
- 40-Yard Dash - 5.08 seconds
- Bench Press - Did not participate
- Vertical Jump - 28.5"
- Broad Jump - 107.0"
- 3-Cone Drill - 7.60 seconds
- 20-Yard Shuttle - 4.56 seconds
Ted Thompson traded up for a second pick in the second round on Friday night, giving up the Green Bay Packers'third and fifth round picks for the New England Patriots' second round pick, number 62 overall. With the 62nd pick, Green Bay selected cornerback Casey Hayward from Vanderbilt.
Thompson addressed the defensive problems from 2011 by addressing a different unit from his first two picks. Hayward will likely compete for a spot in the secondary rotation, and should contribute on special teams. Hayward stands 5'11" and weights 185 pounds. He shows good speed and quickness in the secondary and is good in zone coverage -- it's possible that Hayward could be seen as a candidate for a move to free safety.
- 40-yard dash: 4.57 seconds
- Bench: 19 reps
- Vertical jump: 34 inches
- Broad jump: 119 inches
- 3-cone drill: 6.76 seconds
- 20-yard shuttle: 3.90 seconds
- 60-yard shuttle: 11.10 seconds
The Packers were locked into the 132nd and 133rd picks of the draft, their compensatory selections near the end of round four. Ted Thompson continued to focus on the defense, drafting defensive lineman Mike Daniels from Iowa and safety Jeron McMillian from Maine.
Mike Daniels' measurables:
- Height: 6'0"
- Arms: 32 1/2"
- Hands: 9 5/8"
- Weight: 291 lbs
Jeron McMillian's combine results:
- Height: 5'11"
- Arms: 30 5/8"
- Hands: 9 3/8"
- Weight: 203 lbs
- 40-yard dash: 4.56 seconds
- Bench press: 17 reps at 225 lbs
- Vertical jump: 36.5 inches
- Broad jump: 120 inches
- 3-cone drill: 6.69 seconds
- 20-yard shuttle: 4.22 seconds