The Holy Empress Alexandra was the wife of Diocletian (284-305) and was so impressed by the courage and martyrdom of Saint George that she became a Christian and fell under the same persecution. Her feast day is 21 April.
Many events occurred during these years. In 305 the emperor Diocletian resigned the throne and power passed to his co-ruler Maximian Galerius (305-311), a fanatic pagan, as well as a coarse and fierce soldier. His wife was Saint Valeria, the daughter of the holy Empress Alexandra, whom Diocletian had given in marriage against her will.
Saint Alexandra raised her daughter in Christian piety. When Galerius died, the emperor Maximinus sought her hand in marriage. When he was refused, he banished Saint Valeria to Syria, where she lived with her mother.
After the death of Maximinus in 311 the mother and daughter arrived in Nicomedia, trusting in the mercy of the emperor Licinius (311-324). Together with Saint Constantine, he had subscribed to the Edict of Milan, which gave Christians the freedom of religion, but secretly he remained an enemy of Christianity. Licinius gave orders to execute the holy Empress Alexandra and her daughter Valeria. She also was condemned to be beheaded but when she arrived at the place of execution she asked to be allowed to sit down. Her request was granted. She sat down and died quietly before the executioners could carry out their task. They were beheaded, and their bodies thrown into the sea.
Apolytikion Of Alexandra The Martyr
Fourth Tone
O Lord Jesus, unto Thee Thy lamb doth cry with a great voice: O my Bridegroom, Thee I love; and seeking Thee, I now contest, and with Thy baptism am crucified and buried. I suffer for Thy sake, that I may reign with Thee; for Thy sake I die, that I may live in Thee: accept me offered out of longing to Thee as a spotless sacrifice. Lord, save our souls through her intercessions, since Thou art great in mercy.
A 23-year ongoing chronicle of profound spiritual evolution written by an ex-Orthodox Christian Deacon: The lifelong journey from strict religious dogma to transcendent gnosis and an esoteric awakening. I explore the hidden truths of religious typology, the occult, Hermeticism, Kabbalah, spiritual alchemy, ancient myths, Daemonolatry, Lilithianism, Gnosticism, & the Left Hand Path.
Trending Articles
- ๐ The Obscurantist: Yahweh's Brutal War on Human Knowledge
- ๐ Sephiroth & Qliphoth: The Tree of Life & the Tree of Knowledge or Death
- ๐ Who is the Real Devil? Ha-Satan, Samael, Sataniel, Iblis, Lucifer, Satan, or Something Else?
- ๐ Elohim Godhead: El, Yahweh, & the Evolution of the Divine Feminine
- ๐ The Revelation of Lilith & her Nicolaitans of the Apocalypse
- ๐ Three Eves: The Tripartite Feminine of Paradise
06 March 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please Share with Attribution
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Some blog posts and articles on this site may contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means I may earn a small commission if you purchase through my links at no extra cost to you, and your support helps me continue creating content.
Powered by Blogger.

No comments:
Post a Comment