At my local church, Saint John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Christian Church, I am beginning a Bible Study Series in February, God-Willing.
I will be creating the lessons and then after teaching the classes, I will be posting the lessons I have taught on this page as well.
So far, here is the proposed plan for the first 10 lessons, which has been approved by my Spiritual Father and Confessor, the Very Reverend Protopresbyter, Vasile Tudora:
- Where does the Holy Bible come from and how do we interpret it?: History of the Canon of the Septuagint and Masoretic Old Testaments and New Testament including Luther’s Proposed Deletions in the NT.
- The New Testament as a Lens to Understand the Old Testament: Types and Anti-types
- The Divine Liturgy in the New Testament: The Epistles and the Revelation of Saint John
- The Initiation Mysteries in the Bible: Holy Baptism and Chrismation/Sealed with the Holy Spirit
- The Mystery of Holy Eucharist in the Bible: Communion With God Inside Us
- The Healing Mysteries in the Bible: Holy Confession and Unction
- The Mystery of the Holy Orders in the Holy Bible: The 3 Ranks of the Holy Priesthood (The Diaconate, Presbytery, and Episcopate) and Monasticism
- Councils to Decide Dogmatic Debates (Apostolic & Ecumenical Councils) and the Nicene Creed in the Holy Bible
- Salvation in the Holy Bible: A Process Towards Theosis vs. the Protestant Heresies of Calvinism and “Once Saved, Always Saved”
- The Five Solae: The Protestant Heresies disproved in the Holy Bible (Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Solo Christo, Soli Deo Gloria)