17 February 2010

First Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 13

(International Standard Version & Chinese Union Version-Simplified Characters)

1 If I speak in the tongues of humans and angels but have no love, I have become a reverberating gong or a clashing cymbal. 1 我若能说万人的方言,并天使的话语,却没有爱,我就成了鸣的锣,响的钹一般。
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can understand all secrets and every form of knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains but have no love, I am nothing. 2 我若有先知讲道之能,也明白各样的奥秘,各样的知识,而且有全备的信,叫我能够移山,却没有爱,我就算不得什麽。
3 Even if I give away all that I have and surrender my body so that I may boast but have no love, I get nothing out of it. 3 我若将所有的 济穷人,又舍己身叫人焚烧,却没有爱,仍然与我无益。
4 Love is always patient, Love is always kind, Love is never envious Or vaunted up with pride. Nor is she conceited, 4 爱是恒久忍耐,又有恩慈;爱是不嫉妒;爱是不自夸,不张狂,
5 And never is she rude, Never does she think of self Or ever get annoyed. She never is resentful, 5 不做害羞的事,不求自己的益处,不轻易发怒,不计算人的恶,
6 Is never glad with sin, But always glad to side with truth, Whene'er the truth should win. 6 不喜欢不义,只喜欢真理;
7 She bears up under everything, Believes the best in all, There is no limit to her hope, And never will she fall. 7 凡事包容,凡事相信,凡事盼望,凡事忍耐。
8 Love never fails. Now if there are prophecies, they will be done away with. If there are tongues, they will cease. If there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 8 爱是永不止息。先知讲道之能终必归於无有;说方言之能终必停止;知识也终必归於无有。
9 For what we know is incomplete and what we prophesy is incomplete. 9 我们现在所知道的有限,先知所讲的也有限,
10 But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with. 10 等那完全的来到,这有限的必归於无有了。
11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways. 11 我作孩子的时候,话语像孩子,心思像孩子,意念像孩子,既成了人,就把孩子的事丢弃了。
12 Now we see only a blurred reflection in a mirror, but then we will see face to face. Now what I know is incomplete, but then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 12 我们如今彷佛对著镜子观看,模糊不清(原文作如同猜谜);到那时就要面对面了。我如今所知道的有限,到那时就全知道,如同主知道我一样。
13 Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 13 如今常存的有信,有望,有爱这三样,其中最大的是爱。



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution