14 January 2009

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... Just not now!


Whatever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"?

I find out today that after the paperwork in America is done for my wife's spouse immigration visa, that the wait in the American Consulate in GuangZhou is currently 120 days. 4 MORE MONTHS! Then after her interview, it will take about 2 weeks for her to be mailed her visa and then she can make a flight booking.

So it is going to be until September at the earliest before she can be here. All in the name of national security! For the record we filled out the paperwork the day after we were married, which was 08-08-08. Very frustrating to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution