04 September 2008

Superficial Thoughts on BeiJing, P.R.C.


I think I like ChangSha and even YuanJiang, in HuNan Province better than BeiJing. Do not get me wrong. BeiJing has some wonderful sights, a wonderful airport, excellent subway and bus system, and some great people like Winser Zhao and family (pictured to the left), but it is just not my kind of city. (Fei says I only feel this way because I was pick-pocketed, sold a fake memory card, and got sick in BeiJing!) Plus they are all taller up north and I no longer feel tall. LOL! It did not help that so many super-tall northern Europeans were in BeiJing when I was there either! In South China, people are shorter (like my perfect sized wife who is 158cm/5'2") and me being 175cm/5'9", I feel tall, which I like, as 5'9" is not tall in America or BeiJing! :-D

Learn Mandarin, Cantonese, or any other dialect of Chinese for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution