26 September 2003

Finally!

It came sooner than I thought! Saturday is the Feast day of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, one of the major feasts (and also a fast day) of the Orthodox Church. However, my back cannot deal with standing for 2 liturgies, 2 days in a row yet so with the blessing of my parish priest I am staying home and doing Reader's Services. I love doing these and am all prepared with my Unabbreviated Horologion/Book of the Hours, my Orthodox New Testament Evangelistarion (The Holy Gospels) and my Orthodox New Testament Praxapostolos (Acts, Epistles, and Revelation) laid out, open to or bookmarked at the proper readings, at my family icon corner bookshelf. Soon I will have an Orthodox New Testament Evangelion (Gospel Lectionary) and an Orthodox New Testament Apostolos (Epistle Lectionary) as the Holy Apostles Convent has them on sale for only $50!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution