04 October 2003

My day at Saint Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary

Today I went to Saint Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary for their annual Education Day and Book Sale. While there I ran in to TonyS, Vicki, Ksenia and Anastasios from the OCnet, as well as a few people from my parish, including my Godfather. Neither one of us knew the other was going to be there!

We got there quite late, however, as the directions on the seminary page were bad, leading us to an exit that was closed due to construction. Luckily, I had the foresight to also bring Map Blast directions. So we back tracked and found it after getting lost a time or two. :-o

While there, we got pierogies/pyrohys/pyrogies (is there a wrong way to spell it?) and kielbasa. Yummy! Also, since there was a book sale, I bought The Ladder of Divine Ascent, The Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit, Father Arseny, 1893-1973: Priest, Prisoner, Spiritual Father on tape and The Way of a Pilgrim: And the Pilgrim Continues His Way on tape as well.

I did not know it, but in reading the front of my new books, I found out that my Godfather, Joachim Ronald Wertz, actually translated the part by Father Justin Popvich/Popovich of The Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit! Sometimes it is a small, small world after all.

Before we left, we got a tour of Anastasios' abode, which was pretty nice married seminarian living for only $650 a month.

On our way home we started listening to the Way of the Pilgrim which got Anastasia excited about reading the book, so right now, that is what she is doing! Yay! :-D

But now I am quite sore from the driving and walking. I hope I am able to go to Divine Liturgy tomorrow. If not, it may end up being another Reader's Service day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Orthodox Scouter Allows Sharing Only with Attribution